Coralville, IA asked in Immigration Law for Iowa

Q: Continued to previous Question.

The Question No 3) This is an extraordinary inquisition. I have heard that F-1 holders can be self-employed and can start their own business on OPT but the work should be related to a degree they have earned. My uncle has 5 Franchisee Food Business in the USA so what if I received Bachelor in Business Management and during OPT Can I apply eligible to apply for EB-2 investor visa which is getting Green Card? I have done research on this topic since I am from India I will have to invest more money in the USA. But what if he sells the two stores to me? Is this considered as the investment? Can I apply for EB-2 visa? Please let me know so I can touch base with qualified immigration attorneys.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shan Dimitris Potts
Shan Dimitris Potts
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Glendale, CA

A: For investors visa you will have to invest atleast $500,000 in a U.S. company and have 10 full time employees. If your uncle will be selling the stores to you, you will have to provide proof that you have paid your uncle the money to buy those stores. In the U.S. everything is accounted for so you should be prepared for showing proof of payment.

All the best.

-Shan Potts

Like our facebook page for regular immigration and visa updates -

15 years of successful immigration law experience. The answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.