Miami, FL asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: Family law halfway threw establishing paternity she says hes not mine

She won't let me see my boy so I filed motion to establish paternity doing good so far alone agenst her lawyer I'm proud of my progress although we have mediation in a month and now she's saying he's not my child but won't consent to a DNA test outside of court what do I do if he's not mine am I just screwed or is there something I can do yes I made the signing birth certificate mistake ..

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

John Arthur Smitten

  • Clearwater, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Get a judge to Order DNA. You should hire a lawyer to represent you in the case.

Autumn Warner

  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: While it is wonderful that you have made huge progress in this case on your own, it may be time to hire an attorney who has experience in this area. You should motion to court and request a DNA test. If the court orders the DNA test the mother of the child will be ordered by the court to submit the child for DNA testing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.