Rochester, NH asked in Personal Injury and Sexual Harassment for New Hampshire

Q: Hello my name is Hannah. I need to find an attorney for a lawsuit against the courts for allowing my father to molest me

I was told my my moms old attorney that this is a big lawsuit and that it would be best for me to sue them because it has caused severe PTSD and other major depression. Courts had all the evidence and paperwork that my father was molesting me and still ignored it and allowed my father to have custody of me as a child. I have all the proof of everything through court paperworks and criminal records of my father. Hes currently in prison because he was later caught when i had to run away at the age of 15.. This judge was already sued for the same reasons by someone else. I want to sue these people for allowing my father to physically and sexually abuse me. Where do i start? What kind of attorney do i need?

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: It's not as easy as it looks. You would not be suing the Court directly but likely child protective services.Look for an attorney who has been involved in one of the church molestation cases.Russ Rilee of Bedford would be one. He works with attorney Charles Capace of Boston. Try them.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.