Randle, WA asked in Divorce for Washington

Q: How do I find out if my daughter's father is divorced from his wife ?

I got pregnant ( unknowingly ) in Dec 2013 by a man I was dating who had been separated from his wife who lives in MI, they were married in TN in 2009, he and I both reside in WA state and he is currently incarcerated here in WA. I told him I don't want anything to do with him when he gets out if he is still married. They have no bio children together and no assets and haven't seen each other since Dec 2012. They only got married in TN, they lived in MI. He says he filed indigent divorce papers not knowing her address from prison and that she has 90 days to respond or it goes into default and the divorce is granted. The 22nd of this month was the day it was supposed to have been finalized. She is saying he never sent papers but that she did and he is refusing to sign them saying he will never divorce her and she wants him to call her. How do I find out anything about this and if the divorce is final or.has even been filed? I have no $ to hire an attorney

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Marjorie Simmons
Marjorie Simmons
  • Burlington, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: You can search the MI courts website for case filings:


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.