American Fork, UT asked in Land Use & Zoning, Criminal Law and Real Estate Law for Utah

Q: My neighbor has a right of way across my property to access his property to my south. He has a camera in his window

Viewing my property. I feel uncomfortable going outside to garden or whatever. Is this legal?

1 Lawyer Answer
Brian K Jackson
Brian K Jackson
  • Bountiful, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: It depends on how the area is setup and whether or not you have a reasonable expectation of privacy in that area. If you are uncomfortable, you can start by talking to the neighbor about it being as kind and courteous as possible. If for some reason that doesn't work, you can get an attorney and send a demand letter and go from there.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.