Fountain Hills, AZ asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: with no prior of ever being in trouble, How likely is she going to be able to reduce a 243b charge or get it dropped?

My fiancé and I were horsing/messing around at a concert over the weekend in Califronia. Apparently someone saw us and claimed I hit her. The person made a report that I hit my fiancé. Long story short they arrested me and in the process ended up pushing my fiancé away and tackling her down and punched her closed fist claiming she was resisting and put a charge of 243b. My charge was dropped because it was ridiculous claim. She has no prior anything and I feel they put 243 because she told them he punched her. My question is, how likley will the charge dropped or reduced to something smaller?

No alcohol or drugs were involved. They put the charge on her claiming she kicked the cop after being in hand cuffs going down the stairs. I understand you need a police report, but this is more of a how likely and is there a chance of the charge sticking.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sholeh Iravantchi
Sholeh Iravantchi
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Orange , CA
  • Licensed in California

A: No one can respond to your question with yes or no! We need to read the police report or any other evidence that is presented against your fiance. Frankly, there are many other factors that can play a role with regards to end result of a case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.