New Lebanon, OH asked in Traffic Tickets for Ohio

Q: is it true you can call the bar association and get a lawyer to help for free

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Douglas A. Ball
Douglas A. Ball
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Batavia, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: If you are considered indigent by the Public Defender's office in the county where the alleged incident took place, they will assign you a Public Defender for your case. Otherwise, I would advise you contact the local county where the incident took place to inquire about their lawyer referral service. Some attorneys to take pro bono work, but you would be best served speaking with the Public Defender's office or your lawyer referral service. Good luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.