Wickenburg, AZ asked in Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death for Arizona

Q: my attorney wants to drop my case because he doesn't have the money to continue. What can I do?

My attorney says he doesn't have the funds to continue the case. He says that the opposing firm have decided to spend him into the ground knowing that he can't afford to continue. What can I do? My mother was treated by a nurse that was not practicing within the scope of her training as a nurse midwife when she provided fill and unfill procedures on my mother's lap band. She treated my mother from the time of the surgery for over 6 years until the last visit 2 months before my mother died. She was practicing without any training to do Bariatric aftercare and failed to have any diagnostic imaging that would have shown my mothers lap band had eroded through her stomach, through her diaphram and lodged in her lung. She died of massive sepsis 3 days after having it removed by emergency surgery. What can I do? The case is strong but my attorney said that the insurance company is willing to spend him broke and he can no longer proceed with the case.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: He needs to get you time to do it. It verges on malpractice for him to take a case that from the getgo he knew he couldn't do (don't say that to him but.....he wants to get his rear out of hot water he needs to get you time. ) Talk to some members of the Az. Trial Lawyers Assn who handle medical cases in the county where the case would have to be brought--they give free consult.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.