Asked in DUI / DWI for Alabama

Q: 3rd dui in cali. Recently moved to alabama. Which state law do I follow to start to get license back?

3rd dui happened in 2012. Plead to it in 2013. Did my time and am off probation. Had to move to alabama for work but could never start dui class in cali cause of cost to do it. But now I'm in Alabama and have no clue which state laws I would be required to follow in order to begin process for license reinstatement.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Plymouth, IN

A: You will have to clear any reinstatement requirements in California before another state will issue a license.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.