Denver, CO asked in Workers' Compensation for Colorado

Q: Chem burns to both arms,2and 3rd degree with very visable scaring, no impairment of function, cleared max recovery from

Doc. Spent 1 day in Burn ICU..A few days off from work... What is a reasonable amount for compensation....

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
  • Fort Collins, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Contact a personal injury lawyer. A lawyer (and likely a hired expert) will need to evaluate the extent of the damages and possible compensation. There is no fixed amount of an award in a civil lawsuit, but workperson's compensation has complex tables that list awards for specific types of harm. Again, talk to personal injury lawyer about whether a lawsuit or workperson's compensation is the best approach. Unrelated, many personal injury lawyers work on a contingent fee basis; this eliminates the risk of losing money on a failed lawsuit, but will likely result in a lower award if you do win...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.