Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Stephen Johnston
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death for Colorado on
Q: In Colorado, can a nurse stop life support on patient w/o family's consent legally?

The patient never made a will, nor had a POA. Her immediate family was involved throughout.

Stephen Johnston
Stephen Johnston pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Apr 29, 2024

Based on the information available, it appears that a nurse in Colorado cannot legally stop life support on a patient without the family's consent. The Colorado End-of-Life Options Act provides a path for terminally ill patients to receive aid-in-dying medication from their physicians, but it... View More

3 Answers | Asked in Social Security, Civil Rights and Internet Law for Texas on
Q: hello, Can a person get sued for emailing another persons social security info with no permission?
Stephen Johnston
Stephen Johnston pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Apr 30, 2024

Yes, under New Mexico law, a person could potentially face legal consequences for emailing another person's Social Security number without permission. The law prohibits the intentional communication of a Social Security number to the public, which could potentially include sending it via email... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Workers' Compensation for Colorado on
Q: What are my options when it comes to a closed work comp case?

Hello my work comp case is closed (settled with an attorney earlier this year), but I was given permanent work restrictions. My previous employer won't hire me unless I get those removed. My work comp doctor won't see me since the case is closed and my primary doctor said he can't do... View More

Stephen Johnston
Stephen Johnston pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 5, 2024

Your best bet is a new FCE. Your primary care can actually modify your work restrictions. You might try going to a different doctor.

Keep in mind that your previous employer is under no obligation to rehire you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.