Lehighton, PA asked in Estate Planning and Elder Law for Pennsylvania

Q: How do I contest a will? And, how do I go about getting the POA's agents use of the principals money, investigated?

I may have proof of misuse of agents money & credit card. I have some e-reciepts that could prove it. Plus, I was in the previous will and I KNOW my mother was coerced into cutting me out of the new will. She was being taken advantage of by the principal. Mom had alzhiemers and was very forgetful, confused and didn't understand completely what was going on. She was also in the suspicious stage of the disesse. I was not informed that the POA with me as principal, was revoked. And I was also not informed that I was no longer Executrix of my mom's will either.

After mom passed away on Aug 27th, 2016, I was mailed two copies of the will by the Executrix , with a copy for my brother, for me to mail to him. Is that legal?

Not to mention, I did most of the duties of the principal. And I did everything special for my mom. I also cancelled Dr appts for myself cause the principal wouldn't reschedule her appts. Mom was my top priority, but to the principal, she wasn't. And I have proof.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You need to file a contest with the register of wills. You also should contact an attorney who handles estate litigation. Generally, Pennsylvania Courts feel bound by the will if the person had a time of clarity when they made it. Don't focus on things like the executor giving you your brother's copy for delivery--if they weren't sure of where he lived etc. it would be reasonable.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.