Atlanta, GA asked in Family Law, Personal Injury, Health Care Law and Juvenile Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Can a 17 year old who was denied healthcare by his parents get a lawyer?

I am in an extremely emotionally abusive house hold, and I need to look into being emancipated. They have slapped me before but not recently.

I was having severe chest pains and they denied to take me, so my boyfriend and his brother and his brother's girlfriend came down and took me. They are trying to get the hospital in trouble and I'm worried they'll get them in trouble as well. Ever since I came out to them the abuse has gotten worse. I really need help.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: 800-932--0313 is the abuse hotline for PA.

Another resource is the Pa. Domestic Abuse Coalition hotline which has resources at:

Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.