Port Richey, FL asked in Child Custody, Domestic Violence and Family Law for Florida

Q: Father of 3 ur old has not seen child in 9 months, just filed petition for visitation. He is a registered sex offender

His sex offender charge was 800.04 lewd and luscious sexual battery on minor under the age of 15 . I am seeking supervised visitation, also I do not think mediation is going to go smooth due to what I seek and his past. But wanted to know if this kind of case ends up with us having a guardian ad litem as well as my other question. Also I have witnesses that where present during domestic violence where he hit me but I did not call the police. However have record of after breakup I had to call the police to get child from him during him visiting with her and he made suicide threat to me. So I went and got her from location, also have a report of his girlfriend that he lives with now just coming to my front door threatening me. I could not get a restraining order but notes were made of the call and neighbors seen her and heard her. Thank you for any information you may have, my attorney is not answering some of my questions, our relationship has been over text and email

1 Lawyer Answer
John Arthur Smitten
John Arthur Smitten
  • Clearwater, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: He actually is entitled to see the child(ren) but in this case it should be at a visitation center only. You should hire a lawyer to represent you in the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.