Boston, MA asked in Criminal Law for Massachusetts

Q: Code. 94c/33/c notice received. If stopped by police would you be arrested or fingerprinted.

How can police get wrong person, right name and address.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph B. Simons
Joseph B. Simons
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Boston, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: If you received a summons in the mail, it means you have to go into court on a specific day regarding the allegations against you. Unfortunately the police get the wrong person sometimes, which is why we have defense attorneys and jury trials. You may want to go into the courthouse ahead of time and see if you can get a copy of the criminal complaint and police report, and go over it with a criminal defense attorney (many offer free consultations).

As long as you show up to court, the police won't come to your house and arrest you on this charge. If you miss the court date, a warrant will issue and then you could get arrested.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.