New Brunswick, NJ asked in Sexual Harassment for New Jersey

Q: My supervisor has been making lewd comments whenever the two of us are alone at work together.

It's gotten to the point where I can't concentrate or do my work as well as I used to. I want to file a claim for sexual harassment but I'm just an intern and don't get paid. Is there anything I can do? I don't want to get fired, just want to be left alone to do my job.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Rudnick
Jonathan Rudnick
  • Tinton Falls, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: yes follow the procedure in he handbook you were given and you should be protected. But you do have rights assuming your employer fails to take reasonable precautions to stop this

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.