Asked in Child Support for Florida

Q: I have been a stay at home dad for the past 7 years. We split up and now have joint custody will she have to pay CS?

She was the provider. I now still take care of the girls every day. 2 of 3 are in school and I pick them up and drop them off every day. We split nights 50/50 but I am the caregiver in the day for the youngest and when the others get out of school. She gets out of work and picks them up at about 6 with a 9 o'clock bed time. I had to go on public assistance because I am disabled and waiting on my disability benefits to start. Will she still be required to pay me support until then? DCF filed an order against her also and I am waiting on that. She makes about 3000 a month. How much will she have to pay? How much will a receive after DOR collects?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Arthur Smitten
John Arthur Smitten
  • Clearwater, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If the children primarily live with you then yes she has to pay support. You should hire a lawyer to assist you with the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.