Ellettsville, IN asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Illinois

Q: My ex hub has custody of our 2 children.he denies visitation. Is there chance I can get weekend overnight visits.

I live in Indiana and he lives in Illinois. I need help trying to find a lawyer in Illinois that will help me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brandon C. Mayberry
Brandon C. Mayberry
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Marion, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: It depends. There should be no reason that you could not have overnights with your children every other weekend or some type of similar arrangement but this type of thing is usually done on a case by case basis. Find a lawyer to speak with in the county the children are living it for a more definitive answer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.