Stamford, CT asked in Medical Malpractice for Connecticut

Q: Is there any legal action I can take?


I visited an urgent care facility recently and was neglecited for an hour+. I came in with shortness of breathe and a bad cough. I have very bad asthma in the winter. Anways I was registered under the wrong patient cause the intake person made a mistske. The nurse came in and realized I was not that patient and then rushed through why I was here. Then an hour goes by and I have not been seen or given any oxygen. My breathing is really bad that I cannot walk from my car to my door without stopping. The Dr comes in and tells me that my oxygen is at 100 which I know for sure it is not. About 20 mins later the nurse comes in and gives me predisone and oxgen.Is there any legal action I can take?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: I'm not hearing that anything really bad happened as a result other than the feelings of fear you get when you can't breathe--which aren't nothing but aren't huge in the world of malpractice. The law says you only collect for what happened, not what could have happened. In that case, fortunately it doesn't sound like anything permanent happened. Suggest you make sure you have an allergist and possibly an ent checkup if the sinus drainage adds to your asthma risk. Get a consultaion from a member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Assn for your peace of mind.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.