Salt Lake City, UT asked in Family Law for Utah

Q: How good of a chance did i have of terminating my ex wifes parental rights?

My ex gave up rights to visitation. Gave me sole legal and physical custody. She doesnt have to pay support. Wife and i just paid a lawyer to terminate my ex wifes rights based on abandonment and file for adoption. She has not talk to or seen our daughter for over 6 and a half years.

What would you charge to take her case? I know she wants to fight back. Trying to get a feel for how well she could fight back

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paul Waldron
Paul Waldron
  • Orem, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: You state in your question that you have paid a lawyer to terminate your ex-wife's parental rights, which I assume is in the context of your current wife seeking to adopt your child. You must consult with you existing attorney, or specifically consult another attorney for a second opinion after reviewing all the facts of your situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.