Lincoln, NE asked in Employment Law and Personal Injury for Nebraska

Q: Can i sue this company?

I received a letter of notification from my former employer saying that one of their employees mistakenly sent out my personal information to some clients. The company further said in the latter that they investigated the incident and found out that the same employee has made the same mistake on several occasions. I really don't know what to do. The said company is rich and they abused me during the time i worked with them. The company offered me one year free credit monitoring, and i really want to sue them. I currently have 7 defferent report on my credit that I know nothing about. I have had two different stress anxiety, and am currently on stress medications because of this issue.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: It may be possible to sue them IF you can show that as a result someone was able to use that information. You say you have "7 different reports I know nothing about." Any lawyer you talk to will want you to find out what they are. They may or may not have anything to do with this.

Stress and anxiety are generally items that the law, in reality, gives little or nothing for. Yes they can be claimed as injuries, but the reality is that neither claims adjusters, judges nor juries give much for them in the absence of severe trauma (e.g. rape, watching a crash where a loved one is decapitated).

Contact a member of the Nebraska Assn of Trial Attorneys who handles employment & consumer issues. They give free consultations.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.