Henderson, NV asked in Car Accidents and Traffic Tickets for Nevada

Q: An investigator is harassing me and my mother trying to get me to testify against my boyfriend in regards to a accident

He is trying to serve me to apper in court against my boyfriend in regards to a car accident we were involved in on private property he made sure everyone was ok talked to the other driver but when she said she was going to call the cops he decided to leave because at that time he had warrants for old traffic tickets and he is the only one working. Well now they said they want him to do jail time so I'm trying to see what my rights are in regards to this investigator who keeps harassing me and my mom my mom was not even there

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Tell the investigator you have said what you are willing to say and to not bother you.

He can if allowed by local rule serve a subpoena to appear in court , but not to ask questions--just to give it to youi.

You do have to accept subpoenas. You can always speak with the lawyer who issued the subpoena

If you were hurt in the crash and were a passenger you have a claim. Chances are, it's been reported to insurance so

no one's rates are affected by whether or not you make a claim.

Patricia Warnock agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.