Pelham, AL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Alabama

Q: I'm in a situation where my son's father has primary custody of my son by court order I'm supposed to get my son the fir

Second and third weekend every month he has not went by the court order for 5 yrs but now wants to start I do have a history of drug use but I have been clean for 2 yrs and 4months I'm currently unemployed but I am looking for work I guess what I'm trying to say is what can I do my son never wants to go back to his father's he always cries and wants to stay with me I need help he wants him back today because I've had him all week because he has been sick so I've had to take him to the doctor and take care of him because his dad doesn't want him there if he is sick I just really want my son back home were he belongs please someone help me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sebrina L. Martin
Sebrina L. Martin
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Montgomery, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: You should continue to get your son any and every opportunity that you can. And be sure to DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT. Try working with the father and maybe an agreement can be worked out. While there is a court order you must abide by it unless your son is in imminent danger which it doesn't sound like he is. You certainly do not want to be in contempt of court and set yourself back after you have come so far. Good luck to you.

2 users found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.