Asked in Adoption, Child Custody and Family Law for Utah

Q: Due to health issues now i have joint custody with my parents how do I give them full? Do I have to go to court? Utah

Father of child in jail no custodial rights. In jail in another state for abuse of child and attempt murder of mother. Never married

1 Lawyer Answer
Paul Waldron
Paul Waldron
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Orem, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: This is a very difficult question that is very fact specific. You need to seek the advice of a lawyer to discuss the particular facts of your situation, as it may not be necessary or in you or your child's best interest for you to have your parents have "full custody" in order for you to achieve whatever goal(s) you are trying to achieve by possibly taking that action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.