Memphis, TN asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida

Q: I had got incarcerated and my daughter's father came from South Carolina and took her up there how do I get her back

DCF had temporarily placed my children with an uncle but only for 14 days, I was released from jail and now have my oldest 2 girls but the father of my youngest is in South Carolina and I don't know what to do to get her back home, the father and I wasn't married and I can't go out of state because I'm out on bond, unless I get an o.k. from the judge. Since we weren't married and in December of 2014 DCF has taken my children but in March of 2015 I went to trial and won full custody of them, I talked to the attorney that I had through all of that and he confirmed that I had full custody. All I want is my baby home

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Arthur Smitten
John Arthur Smitten
  • Clearwater, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Hire a lawyer asap.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.