Asked in White Collar Crime for Indiana

Q: My son has a bond in angola indiana i am his mother i go to pay it. He cant leave.ahold in ohio they will not let him go

They will not let him go to ohio. says the jailor sargent so i can bond him out in ohio until i pay angola their bond they wont let him move forward until i pay angola he has a warrant in ohio we know this so why cant he leave angola he can if i pay but he is not allowed out of jail hewill sit in angola until i pay angolas bond so he can go to ohio in ohio he has no bond only a warrant. So messed up. They are making him guilty and he hasnt even had courrt in ohio. My son cannot move forward to ohio until i pay angolas bond i went to bond my son out in angola they said he couldnt leave even after i pay the bond. Warrant in ohio. What does ohio have to do with indiana diffrent state. And when my son was arrested they put me in handcuffs for no reason they had no right to do anything to me touch me let alone handcuff me i wasnt the one in trouble. They had no right i was with my son walking to my truck taking him to the store i was in handcuffs before he was. Infuriating.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko
  • White Collar Crime Lawyer
  • Plymouth, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: The court in Indiana is perfectly justified in requiring that your son post a bond to insure that he appears when necessary to answer his charges. He should talk to his Indiana attorney about the possibility of requesting a bond reduction.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.