Clemmons, NC asked in Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for North Carolina

Q: Who pays compensation if I was injury in car accident while working for my company .

Work mans Comp on my job has been paying ,They will collect from car insurance Company that hit me from behind Who pays me for pain and suffer

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: First you should ask your attorney. If you don't have one you need one--you need to make sure comp doesn't get more than it should, have to deal with underinsured coverages, it is not do it yourself time. Don't have an attorney ? Contact a member of the NC Advocates for Justice in your county who handles workers comp & car wrecks--they give FREE consultations!

To answer your questions pain and suffering gets paid first by the other person's insurance, then there's undereinsured and each state views that a little differently. For instance if you are in a work truck and have your own auto insurance, on underinsured which goes first?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.