Barrington, IL asked in Family Law for Illinois

Q: My daughters father does not bring her for her visits. How do i go about getting my daughter back?

There were a lot of false allegations made against me from her dad. DCFS found the case unfounded. I have unsupervised visits at the moment but my daughters father doesn't bring her when he is suppose to. He feels like he does not have to follow the court order. He doesn't answer the phone when i call to check on her so i text him and sometimes he does not reply or tells me she is with someone else. She misses school for unnecessary reasons. I cant make plans to do things with my kids because he brings her when he wants to. I just want to get my daughter back. I went to court but did not have a lawyer and feel like what i had to say didnt matter because i was representing myself. Its hard listening to my daughter cry about wanting to be home with her mother and sister. What should i do.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Angela Peters
Angela Peters
  • Arlington Heights, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: One thing you can do is to ask the Judge to appoint a Guardian Ad Litem for the child. This person is able to interview everyone and try to get to the bottom of any problems that stand in the way of you having visitation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.