Fayetteville, GA asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for Georgia

Q: I went to a trauma specialist 3 days ago for the first time. How can I report her to the board ?

She caused me further trauma. The patient before me had a severe panic attack, her first visit, that required 911 to come. This psychologist discussed her personal experience, her younger brothers death , her physical pain from being disabled, her recent hospitalization. She was agressive, and deeply upset me. I'm a ICU RN. I know she was clinically unfit. I'm going to need therapy from her session. I don't want others to go through this. She has no reviews, probably erases them.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: You look up who licenses her but as an RN you know that those items are rarely covered. Look for a good trauma therapist who does EMDR--it's a process that is not lengthy, doesn't require meds. Find EMDR practitioners through googling "Psychology today EMDR ____________________"(name of your city or general area)

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.