Leesville, LA asked in Military Law for Louisiana

Q: Active duty military , please help .

I'm active duty in military 22 years old . Diagnosed with severe depression due to my sister suicide, my buddy over here got stabbed to death , buddies back home dying, a custody battle with my son an child's mother. An my dads health. It's all becoming too much. I'm also on profile for a hip injury which they can't explain. An I've just had enough. How can I ask for a separation , can I just ask my chain of command to talk to my commander personally ? I speak to my psychiatrist an therapist an let them know I'm done mentally here . But i don't know what else to . I'm finished here . I don't want to do something to get a dishonorable. A honorable chapter or separation would be better . Please help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Patrick Korody
Patrick Korody
  • Military Law Lawyer

A: Medical separations and separations due to mental health issues must be initiated by the provider. The first step would be to place you on LIMDU or a Profile.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.