Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Louisiana Military Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Domestic Violence and Military Law for Louisiana on
Q: Which Louisiana civil code petition allows me to divorce an active duty soldier?

I have been granted a domestic violence protection order that allows me to file for immediate divorce but I cannot find the correct petition. La Civ. Code 103 states the spouse cannot be an active duty member, and that’s the same petition every attorney hands me.

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Aug 5, 2019

If your spouse consents, you can divorce now. But if your spouse does not consent, you have to wait until 60 days after discharge. That's why you can't find a "form".

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Constitutional Law and Military Law for Louisiana on
Q: I have served in the Combat Zone in Desert Shield and Desert Storm. I have submitted numerous of documents supporting .

I have submitted hazardous duty tax documents.

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Apr 19, 2019

Can't tell what your question is.

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce and Military Law for Louisiana on
Q: What would be good legal advice for a military spouse who suspects their spouse has been having an affair?

I’m a military spouse going through a divorce. My wife wanted one since she has been speaking to another man. I just found out the other day she went met with him and stayed in a hotel for a weekend. I have proof of receipts and other items but actual proof adultery has been committed. Neither of... Read more »

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Oct 4, 2018

You should hire a divorce lawyer before you report this to her command.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Employment Law and Military Law for Louisiana on
Q: I'm going to be joining the army and my husband has been convicted of a felony will he be able to be on base with me?
Robert Donald Gifford II
Robert Donald Gifford II answered on Jul 27, 2017

Yes, however if it deals with a sexual offense or abuse of children - they may not allow him. It's generally in the garrison commander's discretion.

1 Answer | Asked in Military Law for Louisiana on
Q: Active duty military , please help .

I'm active duty in military 22 years old . Diagnosed with severe depression due to my sister suicide, my buddy over here got stabbed to death , buddies back home dying, a custody battle with my son an child's mother. An my dads health. It's all becoming too much. I'm also on... Read more »

Patrick Korody
Patrick Korody answered on Feb 3, 2017

Medical separations and separations due to mental health issues must be initiated by the provider. The first step would be to place you on LIMDU or a Profile.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.