Tulsa, OK asked in Child Custody for Florida

Q: I'm the single father in OK with a daughter in FL. She came and visited for the holidays, but now is back home in FL.

She is 13 Years old. Her mother and step father is out of rehab and back at the house. My daughters grades have gotten worse and attitude has changed big time. Ms. Tracht, what do you suggest? Should I wait and see if they get it together? I have called her schools Guidance Couselor and left a message to call me back. I am planning a trip back there to see for myself what it looks like.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Arthur Smitten
John Arthur Smitten
  • Clearwater, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If you want to go for custody then file the case in FL.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.