Tarpon Springs, FL asked in Family Law and Child Support for Florida

Q: My child was adopted by my ex-wife's husb and cs has been stopped, im paid up but florida says i owe more when i dont

Adoption was done in Florida support order was issued by florida in 2009 but enforced by Pennsylvania. Originally $500 a month but was adjusted to $340 a month. Florida will not changed the $500 original order and sats i still owe $3800 when I am 100% paid off in the eyes of PA. What will happen they say my taxes will be held but PA says i am fine.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Arthur Smitten
John Arthur Smitten
  • Clearwater, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Get a certified copy of the child support statement in PA, then file a motion in FL to sort it out.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.