Piscataway, NJ asked in Traffic Tickets for New Jersey

Q: I received a ticket for "Failure to observe traffic control device" by a cop. Can I get out of this with no points?

I would also like to add that the officer entered Beige instead of Black as a description of my vehicle. Is this enough to dismiss it?

Related Topics:
3 Lawyer Answers

Joseph F. Morgano

  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Shrewsbury, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: This is a 2 point ticket that can impact your driver's license and insurance premiums. If you hire an attorney, you will have a good chance at getting it reduced to zero points.

Brian Lehman and H. Scott Aalsberg Esq. agree with this answer

Brian Lehman


A: I agree with the other attorney, Joseph Morgano (I don't know him). The attorney can help you reduce it to zero points.

H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.

  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: The fact that the cop entered the wrong color of the car means nothing. But if you want to make sure you get rid of the points get a good traffic ticket lawyer on your side.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.