Lakeland, FL asked in Family Law and Juvenile Law for Florida

Q: She can't have a job to support her and her baby.What are her rights for emancipation?without court papers and marriage?

My friend is 16 and pregnant and how is living for her and her newborn is not good. I was speaking to her she doesnt have a room for her and her baby. Her mom is putting her in the living room with her baby. She can't have a job to support her and her baby. What are her rights for emancipation? Her boyfriend can't have no contact with her at all. She wants a better life without her mom controlling her and her newborn. Getting a court order paper signed isn't going to work and getting married. What else can she do ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Arthur Smitten
John Arthur Smitten
  • Clearwater, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: She has no recourse until she is 18.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.