Merrillville, IN asked in Traffic Tickets for Arizona

Q: What can I do about a recent traffic ticket for a moving violation?

I was recently on vacation in Arizona, and this moving violation occurred in Scottsdale. I had a green light, which quickly turned yellow, and very quickly turned red. I didn't know the light would've turned red that soon and I saw the flash come from the camera. If I knew the timing of the light, I would've stopped. I am from Indiana and our lights aren't timed like that. I was driving a rental car at the time. I was making a left hand turn. Now I have a small processing fee from the rental car company and will soon have a ticket in the mail. I looked up the fine in Scottsdale for such a moving violation, so I know what to expect. Is there anything I can do to remedy the situation besides paying the fine? I have a clean driving record and don't want the points on it. In addition, I'm on a budget and it's hard for me to make the payment. Any advice?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew L. Bennett
Andrew L. Bennett
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Valparaiso, IN

A: You should keep this off your record if you can and the best way to do that is to hire an attorney is AZ. You can use the find a lawyer feature to find an attorney who regularly handles traffic matters and has a good relationship with the court and prosecutors.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.