Baltimore, MD asked in Landlord - Tenant and Personal Injury for Connecticut

Q: My question is lead paint in my apartment

I wanted to know my daughter had called lead poison is in her blood from the apartment that I am living on for the past 2 years 7 month ago my daughter had called lead poison I have proof of information from my daughter's doctor papers and documents I even have the health department came over to my apartment to test for lead and when they returned back to me with the information of paper I have lead everywhere in my apartment the bathroom wall the windows The Doors even the balconies the health department I gave a copy to the landlord to fix the situation is going in my apartment nothing have been done a half past 7 month now we head 2017 I have a new landlord can I sue my first landlord and take him to court for not getting nothing done for the past 7 months when the health department gave them a document papers saying that the apartment have lead can I sue him and take him to court

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: Contact Mike Koskoff in Bridgeport. Tell him I suggested you call. You have a number of potential claims, but the big thing is to figure out what you/your daughter need to do to get it chelated /out of your system. Should be a specialist at Yale New Haven. Odd an adult like your daughter would get it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.