East Liverpool, OH asked in Medical Malpractice for Ohio

Q: What steps do I need to take to get my best friend legal assistance for medical malpractice.

I'm writing on behalf of my friend who was diagnosed with cancer about 6 years ago. She was on hospice for 5 years retested and found to have fibroids. there is no clear 1 year medical malpractice timeline here.

The time spent in bed not eating from depression and what not caused her to have foot drop and ultimately ended with a fall breaking her femur while trying to get on her potty chair during the night. She didn't deserve this and has come a long way as far as walking on her walker some and doing a lot for herself in the wheelchair. She's going to be 70 March 1st and I told her when she came to live with me I would try to help her find a lawyer.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Look for a member of the Ohio Assn for Justice--they give free consults. She may have a statute of limitations case. A lot depends on who tells her what, when.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.