Louisville, CO asked in Criminal Law for Arizona

Q: Charged with criminal damage and disorderly conduct for the second time. The first disorderly conduct was dismissed

What punishment should I expect

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ashelee Weeks
Ashelee Weeks
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: The answer depends on several factors. First, is your criminal damage charge a felony or misdemeanor? Criminal damage can be charged as a class 4, 5, or 6 felony, or it can be a class 1 or 2 misdemeanor (depending on the amount). If under $1,000 it will be a misdemeanor. If you have any prior felony convictions and are charged with another felony, you will be facing possible mandatory prison. There are several other factors that could influence the outcome if you are in the felony world. If these are misdemeanors and you have no felony record, you are facing punishment up to 6 months in jail, possible probation, and fines. The prosecutor will look at your record when making a plea offer. The Court will also look at your record at sentencing. Although there is no mandatory minimum jail time for this offense, it is possible the prosecutor may require jail under the plea agreement, or if in front of a judge at sentencing, the Court may require. The answer to your question involves many factors it is difficult to give you an exact answer. You should request a free consultation with an experienced criminal lawyer for a more thorough answer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.