Hollywood, FL asked in Immigration Law, Child Custody and Identity Theft for Alabama

Q: How can I find out if someone is illegal or a resident?

This person has two dates of births and came from Dominican Republic with a different name. She uses different alias and her brother has been deported twice but keeps entering the United States. I wonder if she entered this country illegally also.

1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Lehman
Brian Lehman

A: There is no publicly available database or service provided by the government for such a determination. Employers can use everify: https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.