Saint Paul, MN asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Illinois

Q: My Ex wants to move beyond the 25 miles from the current Residence with my kids. She has majority of parenting time.

She had not filled any paperwork out and is moving over 60 miles away. What can I do? I do not agree with the move. After seeing 1 answer I must add that the move is still in this state, but over 60 miles away from the current location. Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Angela Peters
Angela Peters
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Arlington Heights, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: You can google the law at 750 ILCS 5/609.2. She can't just leave the state if you don't agree. The court will need to decide, if you can't come to an agreement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.