Salt Lake City, UT asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Utah

Q: im 17 and live with mom i want to live with dad can i move out and live with him.

i live with mom and i hate it here i feel alout better at my dads, my mom treats me bad and i dont feel wanted and i was wondering if u move out and live with my dad and she calls a run away is there anything the cops can do if it is my choice to live with my dad and not ny mom i am 17.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paul Waldron
Paul Waldron
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Orem, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: You had better talk to a lawyer. We cannot answer this question in this forum, as it is too specific, cannot be generalized and should be subject to the attorney-client privilege.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.