South Bound Brook, NJ asked in Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death for New Jersey

Q: Do we have a malpractice case?

Hello, My relative died a week ago after bowel perforation surgery (less than a week after surgery). We took him to ER and after looking at his x-rays they determined that there were holes in his bowel. Emergency surgery was done and he passed away within a week. He had medical condition for last 2+ years and was seeing doctor at regular interval (weekly/bi-weekly). During his last couple of regular visits he had been complaining about stomach pain to his primary doctor but his primary doctor never ordered an x-ray. We believe this bowel perforation may have happened prior to us taking him to an ER and could have been treated much earlier if his primary doctor had diagnosed it properly. We would like to consult with an experienced lawyer and see if we have a malpractice case here. Please let us know if there is any charge for consultation.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Indeed you should. Gerald Baker and Tom Vesper are such attorneys--tell them I suggested you call. Generally you want to speak with a NJ Assn for Justice member who handles malpractice cases--which they do. They give free consultations.

They will ask about approximate dates so make the appointment but try to sketch out a timeline.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.