Birmingham, AL asked in Family Law for Alabama

Q: Will the judge grant visitation for a CS case? I filed through DHR

Filed child support and told the father he can get her on weekends and he does not want to. Instead he wants to get her wed and thurs which affects her sleep for school. He's stating that he will tell his attorney that i stopped all vistation which I did not. And aslo fight the child support case. Do I need an attorney as well even though I'm going through DHR?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Melissa L. Padgett
Melissa L. Padgett
  • Brewton, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: A Judge could hear the issue of visitation during the hearing to establish child support, or he could hear it at a different time. The DHR attorney will not represent you regarding the issue of visitation. The DHR attorney will simply prosecute the issue of child support. So the answer would be yes. You would need to hire an attorney to represent you regarding the issue of visitation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.