Minneapolis, MN asked in Social Security for Wisconsin

Q: My daughter doesn't have a lot of money. Would anyone take her SSDI case and collect your fees when she wins?

She is 35, bipolar, has ADD, fibromyalgia & all over extreme disabiling muscular pain (was on Tramadol in ORD. She has severe allergies that cause her eyes to swell shut and other body parts to break out in huge hives & swell. She can't hold a full time job. The only kind of work she can do is waitressing, but that is too painful for her. When she tries to work she gets fired. I suspect she has a sleeping disorder (although not yet diagnosed). You see I (67) & her Grandma (suffer from many of the same disorders that she does. ALSO, 1 WEEK AFTER ASHLEY WAS BORN, SHE WAS ADMITTED TO THE HOSPITAL W/ VIRAL INCEPHILITIS. My Psychiatrist told me her brain got fried. She was 2 weeks old. We need help finding her an Atty. & a Dr. She is on Badgercare. She just moved here from Chicago. This had been a life long battle for us. My greatest fear is to die and she would still be floundering, because she can't take care of herself. Someone, please help us if you can.It would be greatly appreciated!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shari Lynn Vannieuwenhoven
Shari Lynn Vannieuwenhoven
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Green Bay, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: I suggest contacting a local experienced social security attorney. You will find that fees are paid at the end of case if she is awarded benefits. The attorney will get paid directly from social security. The fee is limited to 25% of the past-due benefits up to a maximum of $6,000. The attorney will be paid only out of past-due benefits. Most attorneys offer free consultations. The process of getting awarded benefits is long. I suggest calling an attorney soon. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.