Seattle, WA asked in Animal / Dog Law for Washington

Q: my friend wants hes dog back

my friend was staying with a roommate and asked the roommate if he could keep hes dog there until he found a new place and then he did find

a house for him and he's dog and now the roommate doesn't want to give him back is there anything he can do he really misses he's dog ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Lehman
Brian Lehman

A: Here is a list of lawyers near you that specialize in Animal & Dog law:

This type of issue comes up enough that there are articles written on it:

Your friend should particularly talk with the lawyer about filing an action for replivin, which allows the plainiff to take immediate possession of the property. Here is the statute:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.