Mira Loma, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: I failed to report income to the welfare office and now I have criminal charges filed against me

I have been paying $80 a month to what I/O do you think that will help my case in anyway and do you think I will get a felony or jail time I have no record whatsoever

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

William Mihrtad Paparian

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Pasadena, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You are probably a good candidate for a probationary sentence. Making restitution early as you have been doing will help you.

Sergio H. Benavides

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Francisco, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Difficult to answer what will happen. What you should do is seek a consultation in person with an experienced criminal defesne attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.