Medford, OK asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Libel & Slander for Oklahoma

Q: What can I do about an ex who continues to spread lies and hate about me?

We have been divorced for 11 years. At the time of our divorce I had a breakdown. Once I removed myself from the stressor (ex) I improved dramatically within 2 weeks. He has custody of our child. The report of my breakdown was declared by the court to not be seen by anyone other than a counselor. He basically brings this up and shows people the report, even to this day! I have been reevaluated and declared "as normal as normal can be." He has used this to, in my opinion, make me look bad in the eyes of other parents to build favor in their eyes, if we go back to court for custody. I want to go back to court and get custody of my child, as my ex has had DHS called for abusing our child over 10 times. What can I do? Is there a defamation of character case here?

1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Pryor, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Sorry I didn’t see this questions earlier, and it was not answered. If you still need help, please ask your question again, and give as many details as possible.

Please visit my website,, and sign up on the home page for email updates on Oklahoma Law.

Good Luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.