New Bern, NC asked in Landlord - Tenant for North Carolina

Q: How to handle people who won't leave a home the leased tenant moved out of?

These people moved in with a leased tenant and the leased tenant left. They refuse to leave and claim to have paid bills but can provide no proof. I am a brand new "mobile home park manager," and I don't know how to handle the situation. Rumors are flying that they've been evicted from another residence in the park, but they claim it was only their daughter, and I have no proof. I have no legal documents to back anything up. What can/should I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Lehman
Brian Lehman

A: You need to get a court order. Your first step is contacting a lawyer, I think.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.