Newton, MA asked in Child Custody and Divorce for New Hampshire

Q: Hello, Divorce agreement says I can not take kids out of school. They Irish Dance. Ex signed them up during school hours

If we both agree to this, can I take them out of school to go? Can I get in trouble for it? Bad, bad breakup with a violently abusive wife who turned it on me when I told her I was leaving and had me taken away from family for over a year. Finally received 50% custody 3 years ago. Kids Irish dance to help keep them grounded. We both fiercely love the kids and want them to do this. Technically it will be me taking them out of school because it is on my day. Can I still get into trouble for this? I fear it may be brought up in court at a later date.

Thank you,


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph D Garrison
Joseph D Garrison
  • Franconia, NH
  • Licensed in New Hampshire

A: If you both agree then that's fine. You should have your ex confirm that it is OK in writing (text or email) so you have a record of it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.